Skip to main content

Singapore October 2017

Back in October, DH was invited to be a speaker at AWS Startup Day Singapore so I decided to tag along. We left Jakarta in the afternoon and arrived at our hotel just around dinner time. Based on one of our friend's recommendation, we went to Les Bouchons on Club Street. The restaurant wasn't difficult to find. It was small and cozy and it was almost full house. We were lucky that they had a table for two. I would say that 90% of the customers there were foreigners and majority of them were francophones. We ordered Ribeye and Sirloin, and they came with a bowl of salad each and bread basket. We were so full!! The food was good and reasonably priced. Was it the greatest steak we've ever head? No. But still good.

Bread basket

Steak dinner and salad

Creme Brulee

Pub Street
We took the MRT back to our hotel and bam! It was raining cats and dogs when we exited the MRT station right next to our hotel. It was probably a 30 meter dash and we got super soaked.

Wet pants and sandals




The following morning, DH had to leave early for the AWS event so I took full advantage of the Sheraton breakfast buffet that was included with our stay. I loved the seating area.


After breakfast I went to Battery Road to meet up with one of my friends for lunch. It was a great catching-up time but we forgot to take pictures! We ate at an Italian restaurant by the river. I can't remember what the name was.





After lunch, I walked over to the National Gallery. At that time the famous Yayoi Kusama exhibition had finished. They had their permanent exhibition and ink painting exhibition at the time. So I went in and had a look...


There were three ink painting exhibitions. One was from a single artist whose paintings were highly influenced by South East Asia. So they look like Chinese paintings but with Coconut trees and beaches... Here's one example.



The other two ink painting exhibitions were connected. One was of over old paintings, mostly from China. They were quite amazing!



Look at the details of this painting. It was a large painting and I took two different pictures of it. In the second picture you can see the people. Each of the person in the painting was about 2 cm tall!









From the Gallery, I walked over to Suntec City. The younger workers at the gallery told me that I should take the bus, because it was far. It didn't look that far on Google Maps though. Luckily there was an older lady who told me it was walk-able but quite far. It's not too bad because it's mostly covered. So off I went. Not too far, it took me about 20-30 minutes. There were many art pieces on the pedestrian walkway...






I went to Suntec City just to pick up my Doterra order... :D


After that I took the bus to School of the Arts (SOTA) bus stop, and went to Curious Palette for coffee.







Good Coffee



From there, I walked over to Plaza Singapura to meet with my darling friend from high school. We at dim sum and shopped at Spotlight! Well, she's accompanying me to be more precise. Lol... while I was going around with googly eyes wanting to buy all the fabrics they had there. Prices were not cheap but they have a lot to choose from. Here's a picture of us that I snatched from her FB :D


We separated at the MRT Station. I went back to the hotel with bags of Doterra and fabric. :D DH got back at around the same time and we decided to venture out for some 'snack' at Newton Hawker Centre. It was walking distance after all...

Grilled Stingray

BBQ pork and duck on rice

Crispy baby squid
The following day, I made lunch reservation at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant. DH had breakfast at the hotel right before we went, so it was just me eating. Of course I had to have their famous chilli crab with fried mantou on the side, and kangkung balacan. I managed to finish the veggies, mantou, and half the crab. I took the rest home. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't pass the security at the airport but it did. Phew!







We went to the airport after lunch and flew back to Jakarta. On the flight back, over Jakarta, I saw this  thick smoke coming up from a building that looked like it was on fire... In this picture below it's on the left side looking like a small yellow dot. I never found out what that was but still think it's interesting.


So that was my Singapore trip in October, stay tuned for the next post: Another trip to Singapore...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nintendo Switch Sleeve Tutorial

Hi! I'm Kirana from woofkiki.blogspot.co.id . I am going to write an introduction for this blog post. We bought a Nintendo Switch in Japan.  I really liked it and played with it almost everyday. If you're wondering what a Nintendo Switch is, it is a video game where you can basically  "switch" everything. The joy-cons and even the game! You can also connect it to your TV. It would be nice to bring it around with you, but when you put it in your bag... Oh no! The screen scratched! So, this is a sleeve that will fix that. Let's get started!😊 Kirana Now the tutorial (by Kirana's mom)... 1. Make your pattern according to the picture below. It is basically a 6"x24" rectangle with a semi circle at one end. Note: this is not a printable pattern 1. Cut your outer fabric, lining, and batting(optional). In this tutorial, I used minky for lining and a pre-quilted fabric for the cover, so I didn't need extra batting. For batting, I recomm

Labuan Bajo 2023 Part 3 - 3 Days 2 Nights Diving Trip With Chakana Liveaboard

  Photo credit: Lukas Rissing @thestudypacker A live-aboard experience is one of the highlights of Labuan Bajo. It has been on my bucket list for a while but every time I tried to go, something just didn't work out.... until now! The opportunity arose to join an impressive-looking boat this year and the dates matched Miss Kiki's holiday perfectly, how could I not take this rare chance! With less than a month to prepare, we booked plane tickets, accommodations, and whatever equipment we thought we might need. So off we flew to Labuan Bajo with little preparation and a lot of faith. ;) You can read the first and second parts of the trip in my previous posts. After we checked out of our hotel on the third day, we went to the pier and hopped on to a dinghy that took us to Chakana Liveaboard, a 47-meter-long phinisi-style yacht that was going to be our accommodation for the next two nights. My heart raced as we approached the pretty boat and spotted a group of staff excitedly wavi

Labuan Bajo 2023 Part 2 - Leisure Day Trip

I booked a leisure day trip for our second day in Labuan Bajo via Traveloka . When I say leisure, I meant a non-diving trip. We have a live onboard trip booked for the 3rd to the 5th day but that one is a diving trip covering different places and adventures so we tried to cram the other must-visits of Komodo National Park in one day. For breakfast that morning, we had breakfast boxes that the resort had prepared for us by order. The tour was operated by East Cruise Komodo and it was an open trip consisting of thirty-something people. East Cruise Komodo picked us up at Sudamala Resort where we stayed at 5:30 am and brought us to the harbour. The re-registration process at the harbour took about half an hour and after we were assigned a boat, we boarded. On the boat, our tour leader collected what was supposed to be the entrance fee for the National Komodo Park. It was IDR 150k per person for locals and IDR 300k per person for foreigners. We never saw the tickets but later on, we foun